The Old English Game Bantam Society was built on the novel idea of free memberships to ensure the widest possible dissemination of information concerning OEGB. We welcome poultry enthusiasts to become members to partake in our active discussions and enjoy the promotions.
~Treat each other the way you would like to be treated as flame wars will not be tolerated.~
If you would like this message to disappear, please log-in or create an account.
GREAT EYE FOR PICKING O.E.
  • tracytracy
    Send tracy a MessagePosts: 6,235Member, Ambassador, Forum Supporter, 2013 IHS Inductee
    WE HAVE SEVERAL EXHIBITORS WITH A GREAT EYE ON PICKING O.E. I HAVE JUDGED SEVERAL TIMES AT LUCASVILLE,OHIO AND THEY HAVE A JUDGING CONTEST FOR EXHIBITORS. ITS FIVE BUCKS TO ENTER AND THE WINNER GETS FIFTY BUCKS,I ENTER OTIS FIELDS AND HE NEVER LETS ME DOWN. WE SPLIT THE FIFTY AND GET A BIG KICK OUT OF IT.THEY HAVE A JUDGE PICK BEHIND THEM THAT IS NOT HIRED AT THE SHOW.I GUESS WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS THE BIG O HAS A GREAT EYE FOR BIRDS.AND ON THE LOCAL BOY RANDY AUTREY ALSO CAN PICKEM.DONT LET EITHER OF THESE GUYS LOSE IN YOUR CHICKEN PIN.LOL.
    Forum Supporter
  • duckwingduckwing
    Send duckwing a MessagePosts: 2,189Member, Forum Supporter
    Dag gum Tracy I've got a couple of yards left to go to this fall.
    Forum Supporter
  • Do you think that comes from striving to breed and raise the perfect bird and well literally eating,breathing,@ sleeping this great hobby!! Just asking....
  • I know who to contact when I am selecting my show birds this fall! Get ready Randy!
  • BillBill
    Send Bill a MessagePosts: 5,283Member, Moderator, Ambassador, Forum Supporter
    Randy, you know that invitation I gave you to come to my house , after this warning I don't know if that still holds or not? LOL You would probably not see anything here worth having anyway.
    Forum Supporter
  • duckwingduckwing
    The Legend has a great eye for oe
    2012-04-28 13.25.17.jpg
    320 x 240 - 63K
    2012-04-06 15.05.22.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 1M
    Forum Supporter
  • BillBill
    Randy, as a suggestion you might want to hang closer to Tracy and let him tutor you to get your poultry judging license to judge the poultry. You seem to have a good eye for them and we could always use another judge and it would be somehting you would have fun at. I really think that you like picking the best of birds out of a line up and would always render an honest evaluation of what you saw that day. Bill
    Forum Supporter
  • duckwingduckwing
    I think I will pass on the suggestion. I'm a little too old now and I may be a little to harsh on some of the birds shown now. Seeing a lit of different birds across the country would be great so that would be the ultimate pay off, but the cash pay is not that great from what I hear. Also, I get into enough trouble trying to help the ones I am working with now. I have a full plate, but not too tasty.
    Forum Supporter
  • BillBill
    "I may be a little to harsh on some of the birds shown now." That might not be a bad thing! Yeh, if You was going for the money you would sure have to refrain! There could be lots of good things in it though. Bill
    Forum Supporter
  • We can always use a good OE judge duckwing if you decided to go for your license. There aren't too many real good ones out there today.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

US Poultry Events

Most Popular This Week

Top Posters
    All time This Week