The Old English Game Bantam Society was built on the novel idea of free memberships to ensure the widest possible dissemination of information concerning OEGB. We welcome poultry enthusiasts to become members to partake in our active discussions and enjoy the promotions.
~Treat each other the way you would like to be treated as flame wars will not be tolerated.~
If you would like this message to disappear, please log-in or create an account.
John Teel Poultry Auction Durant, OK
  • cockofthewalkcockofthewalk
    Send cockofthewalk a MessagePosts: 1,167Member, Forum Supporter
    Those of you who live in Southern OK or North TX have probably heard about this, but for those of you who haven't thought I would post this. This auction is on the first and third Tuesday each month, it starts outside with "stuff" and usually includes pens, cages, wire, nesting boxes and other various things. When the outside part is over they move inside the auction barn and start selling eggs, baby chicks, incubators, and poultry related items. Then come the chickens, all kinds and varieties. Sometimes you can find some good birds as breeders in the area bring a few to sell, recently saw a nice quad of Proctor Blacks 1 cockerell and 3 pullets go through. If nothing else it is good entertainment and plenty of "chicken talk". %%-
    Forum Supporter
  • What kind of incubators go through that auction?
    I have seen Sportsman, GQF, Roll-x and of course all of the different styrafoam. Have also seen some of the big commercial types.
    Forum Supporter
  • what the prices usally run on any of them?
    Sportsman, GQF usually around $250, Roll-X $250 to $300 sometimes cheaper after hatching season is over.
    Forum Supporter
  • Ok well I maybe gettin my butt down there sometime..
  • duckwingduckwing
    Send duckwing a MessagePosts: 2,195Member, Forum Supporter
    The Ring Master will be at work under the big top. John puts on an entertaining show. Starts at 6 pm.
    Forum Supporter

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

US Poultry Events

Most Popular This Week

Top Posters
    All time This Week