The Old English Game Bantam Society was built on the novel idea of free memberships to ensure the widest possible dissemination of information concerning OEGB. We welcome poultry enthusiasts to become members to partake in our active discussions and enjoy the promotions.
~Treat each other the way you would like to be treated as flame wars will not be tolerated.~
If you would like this message to disappear, please log-in or create an account.
Art Rice BBReds
  • BillBill
    Send Bill a MessagePosts: 5,288Member, Moderator, Ambassador, Forum Supporter
    Does anyone remember their type and color?
    Forum Supporter
  • tracytracy
    Send tracy a MessagePosts: 6,333Member, Ambassador, Forum Supporter, 2013 IHS Inductee
    YES DUCKWING THE FEMALES AND MALES LOOKED LIKE LIGHT BROWN LEGHORN COLOR. THE FEMALES WERE GREAT COLOR AND HAD A YELLOW TINT COLOR IN THERE FACE, MAYBE FROM THE LEGHORNS. HE ALWAYS HAD THEM IN GREAT SHAPE,SAD TO SAY THE MALES WOULD NOT PLACE IN SHOWS TODAY.SINCERLY,TRACY.
    Forum Supporter
  • duckwingduckwing
    Send duckwing a MessagePosts: 2,213Member, Forum Supporter
    Did they have small heads or big heads?
    Forum Supporter
  • tracytracy
    Send tracy a MessagePosts: 6,333Member, Ambassador, Forum Supporter, 2013 IHS Inductee
    AVERAGE SIZE HEADS NICE TYPE ON THE FEMALES
    Forum Supporter
  • It would be nice to see some pics? I read where Mr Rice was Master Breeder of BBreds in 1987.
  • duckwingduckwing
    Bob Hughes birds were Art Rice crossed with?
    Forum Supporter
  • duckwingduckwing
    A Sherrill and Hughes bred bbred
    480.jpeg
    480 x 640 - 98K
    BBRed-Randy.jpeg
    128 x 96 - 20K
    Forum Supporter
  • lots of beautiful plumage, this the family you breed duckwing?
  • duckwingduckwing
    Yes this is one of my bbref lines. I have Sherrill, Ozee, Cooper, and Rock Hill.
    Forum Supporter
  • duckwingduckwing
    Ozee bbred blood
    766.jpeg
    480 x 640 - 111K
    Forum Supporter
  • I remember Mr. Rice back in the old days. He was a real gentleman and came South to show with us several times. barry
  • duckwingduckwing
    Tracy says he has a photo of Art and some others like Yoder. Hopefully, he will post them.
    Forum Supporter
  • Ozee ?? not sure who this is!! But i like the B.B.'s!!!
  • tracytracy
    HERE IS A PICTURE OF ART RICE AND ME IN 1975. THE BB RED COCK WAS RESERVE CHAMPION AT THE 1975 OE JAMBOREE. IT WAS ART RICE'S. THE THIRD PICTURE IS JACK YODER AND RALPH SHERIFF SR.
    04-09-2012 09;54;01PM.JPG
    504 x 515 - 104K
    04-09-2012 09;54;01PM2.JPG
    504 x 516 - 126K
    04-09-2012 09;54;01PM3.JPG
    505 x 517 - 86K
    Forum Supporter
  • tracytracy
    EVERY TIME I SEEN ART RICE IT WAS SUIT AND TIE,NICE TO SEE. ART,S WIFE WORKED FOR NORTHWEST AIRLINES SO HE WOULD FLY FREE EVERY WHERE.
    Forum Supporter
  • tracytracy
    YES, BUT WOULD ONLY ENTER 3 TO 4 BIRDS ART ALSO HAD REALLY NICE BLACK ROSECOMBS.
    Forum Supporter
  • duckwingduckwing
    Who 's bbreds were better colored, Dave's or Art's.
    Forum Supporter
  • tracytracy
    I WOULD HAVE TO GO WITH DAVE,S, IF DAVE WOULD OF SHOWED MORE THAN 2 TO 3 TIMES A YEAR. HE WOULD OF WON A MUCH AS BARNES OR PROCTER.
    Forum Supporter
  • BillBill
    Send Bill a MessagePosts: 5,288Member, Moderator, Ambassador, Forum Supporter
    Tracy, looking at the pictures you post here and there you don't take a back seat to noone on the BB's. Are these birds some of a line of yours or are they an improved line of someone's birds? Whatever the case, they really are nice birds to look at! Where are you located and how do I go about getting some of your birds? The reason I am asking is I have 5 different lines of BB's, Sheriff, Barnes, Just purchased this spring, Lail, Joiner, Procter ( 1 pair). It is always nice to know where like blood is if you need an outcross or some other reason, such as the big D word.
    Forum Supporter

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

US Poultry Events

Most Popular This Week

Top Posters
    All time This Week